WAUQUIEZ - Pilot Saloon 55
- GRP/Balsa sandwich hull built with the infusion process, ensuring an optimized resin / glass fibre ratio.
- Hull protected with a bisphenolic resin on outer layers of sandwich.
- Composite hull structural grid (« open » type), glassed and glued to the hull (acrylatic urethane).
- GRP/Balsa sandwich deck bonded to the hull via mechanical fasteners and polyurethane compound at bulwark level.
- Cast iron bulb keel, fastened with stainless steel bolts, nuts and counterplates.
- Rack & pinion transmission steering system with 2 steering wheels; composite rudder shaft.
- Teak side decks, cockpit seats and floor.
Spars and rigging
- Keel stepped anodised aluminium mast (in mast mainsail furling).
- 3 sets of aft swept spreaders
- Anodised aluminium boom.
- Rigid boom vang.
- Facnor® ® (or similar) Solent jib furler with tack on swivel.
- Single strand stainless steel rigging: double backstay, forestay, lower, intermediate and upper shrouds.
- Hull side fitted upper and lower chain plates.
- Running rigging: Main and jib halyards, boom topping lift, main and jib sheets, jib furling line alongside bulwark.
- 2 x Andersen® (or similar) FS 62 electric stainless steel multifunction winches close to the steering positions.
- 2 sets of deck stoppers on cockpit coamings to port and starboard.
- 1 x Andersen® 46.2 FS (or similar) stainless steel halyard winch on mast.
- Mainsheet system led to multifunction winch.
- Self-tacking jib rail with ball bearing car (sheet led aft via interior of mast).
- Turning blocks at mast step and cockpit coamings.
- Ball bearing “black magic” HARKEN (or similar) blocks.
- 40 Kg / 88 lbs Delta anchor with 50 m (164’) 12mmØ chain and 50 m (164’) 22mmØ warp.
- 6 + 2 fenders with socks.
- 6 mooring lines.
- Tilting, teack slatted electric aft platform with remote control.
- Folding stainless steel swim ladder, recessible in aft platform.
- 1 shore power inlet on transom with cable.
- Fresh water inlet.
- Liferaft storage under cockpit.
- 2 steering positions with navigation equipment panels, 2 electronic engine control levers and engine panel to starboard steering position.
- Compass mounted on cockpit table.
- 2 lockers in front of steering stations with lids shaped as cockpit / side decks access steps.
- Emergency tiller.
- 2 large lockers on each side of aft platform with storage bags.
- Gas struts on cockpit lockers lids.
- Storage compartments on each side of roof close to companionway.
- 2 winch handle boxes.
- Cold molded teak folding cockpit table, stainless steel handrail and integrated compass.
- 4 polished aluminium opening ports in cockpit for natural lighting and ventilation of the aft cabin.
- Composite arch receiving the mainsheet, the cockpit speakers and the cockpit lighting (also supports the optional bimini).
- 2 grab rails on the arches.
- Spray hood (recessible in cabin top) with stainless steel structure and built in grab rails.
- Bulwark covered with solid teak, 8 specific stainless steel fairleads.
- 8 stainless steel mooring cleats.
- Stainless steel fresh water and fuel intake fillers.
- Stainless steel, 760mm high stern pulpit with closing gate, life buoy support, flag mast and outboard engine support.
- “Open” type stainless steel, 760mm high bow pulpit.
- Triple stainless steel lifelines.
- 760mm high stainless steel stanchions with lateral opening gates.
- 2 deck lifelines with recessible attachment chain plates.
- 2 stainless steel handrails on cabin top.
- 2 stainless steel handrails on forward part of cabin top (also can serve as tender supports).
- Manoeuvring lines and main halyard led under cabin top coaming covers above lateral windows.
- Large stained PMMA lateral windows with 3 louvers on each side to protect the 8 opening ports.
- Panoramic stained PMMA forward window.
- 7 polished aluminium opening hatches, 4 fixed portholes and 19 opening ports.
- 1 self-draining fender locker in starboard side- decks.
- 1 self-draining gas locker in port side-decks.
- 2 ventilation dorade boxes on saloon cabin top.
- 2 ventilation dorade boxes with stainless steel protection on forward cabin top.
- Sail locker forward with ventilator on hatch, stainless steel access ladder, grating, sail storage supports and electric bilge pump (optional skipper’s cabin with single berth, marine toilet and washbasin).
- Self-draining mooring locker with warp hook, 2000W/24V electric windlass with vertical 12 mm gipsy.
- Stainless steel bow fitting with deck protection, 2 anchor rollers, chain locking system and gennaker attachment fitting.
- The interior woodwork of the Pilot Saloon 55 is built in teak and beeswaxed. The floorboards are made in wengé. The deck is doubled with a GRP liner on which foamed vinyl covered slats are fastened. The hull liner is made in teak and / or vinyl covered slats. For an outstanding comfort mattresses are made of memory of form foam and cushions of «Bultex»® double density foam. All berths are equipped with a slatted base and lee cloths and have cold molded teak fiddles around the beddings.
Companionway - Headroom 2,02 m (6’7’’)
- Recessible stained PMMA companionway hatch board with lock.
- Stained PMMA sliding companionway hatch.
- Curved teak laminated companionway steps with inserted non-skid.
- 2 stainless steel handrails.
- Open wet locker to port.
Saloon - Headroom 2,04 m (6’8’’)
- One level saloon with panoramic view whether standing, seating at the dining or chart table.
- Stainless steel handrails fitted on the ceiling and to port between the galley and the settee.
- Large technical and engine room under the floorboard.
- «U» shaped dinette to starboard with dining table on double stainless steel footing.
- Extra sliding seat for two.
- Bar, storage under seats and backrests.
- Lounge chairs and navigation seat to port with storage behind backrests.
- Chart table with laptop dedicated space, bookrack and storage.
- 24V/ 230V (or24/115V) electric control panel.
- Navigation instruments panel in brown leather.
- 4 opening hatches and 5 lateral opening ports.
Main saloon to guest cabins gangway
- Locker to starboard.
- Access to batteries.
Galley to port - Headroom 2,02 m (6’7’’)
- «U» shaped galley port of the companionway.
- 2 lateral opening ports (one directly above stove).
- Stainless steel double sink with hot and cold- water mixer tap.
- Large working space in synthetic marble.
- Stainless steel gimballed 3 burners stove with oven.
- 230 V (or 115V) microwave oven.
- Stainless steel 24V refrigerator (160 l / 42 US Gal.).
- 24V negative cold icebox (160 l / 42 US Gal.)
- Numerous lockers and storage
- Double refuse bin.
- 6 sets dishwasher.
- Exclusive “Wauquiez” crockery for 6 persons.
- Opening hatch in ceiling.
Owner’s aft cabin
Headroom: 1,90 m (6’3’’) & 1,86 m (6’1’’) under bridge deck.
- Access via gangway to starboard.
- Double hanging locker to port.
- Vanity to starboard behind hanging locker, with table, lighting, mirror and seat.
• Centreline bed (2,05 x 1,60 m – 6’6’’ x 5’2’’) with drawers under.
- Bedside areas with book storage and reading lamp on each side of bed.
- Wood slats base under bed (2 parts).
- Lee cloths.
- Lockers and storage alongside hull.
- Lockers and storage under companionway.
- 5 opening ports and 2 fixed hull portholes.
- Deep washbasin with pressurized hot and cold water.
- Lit cabinet with mirror.
- Stainless steel toilet accessories.
- Quietflush or similar electric toilet (fresh water flushing).
- Independent shower compartment with mixer tap, grating and automatic draining pump.
- 1 opening hatch and 2 opening portholes. Guest cabins forward of saloon Headroom 1,94 m (6’4’’)
2 symmetrical double cabins:
• 1,40 x 2,05 m (4’5’’ X 6’6’’) double berth
- Hanging locker
- Lockers under berth
- Night shelf above bed head
- Opening hatch in ceiling
- Fixed hull porthole
- Dorade box for ventilation
2 symmetrical guest bathrooms
- Washbasin with hot and cold pressurized water.
- Lit cabinet with mirror.
- Marine porcelain toilet with sea and fresh water flushing system.
- Lateral opening port.
- Central shower with access from both bathrooms and opening hatch above.
- YANMAR 110HP engine with direct shaft transmission.
- 2 electronic engine control levers at steering positions.
- MaxProp 3 bladed propeller (or similar).
560 l (148 US Gal) total fuel capacity (with decanting filter).
- 12V/815A / 75 Ah. engine start battery.
- Lit engine room with themric/sound insulation.
- 24 V, 117 Kg thrust Maxpower (or similar) bow thruster with independent battery.
- 24V circuit with 8 gel batteries (total capacity 540 Ah.).
- Insulated Onan -or similar- 7KVA (11KVA if A/C option) generator (230V or 115V) with 12V start battery.
- 24V / 230V (or 24V / 115V) electric control panel at chart table.
- Mastervolt (or similar) batteries capacity control.
- Recessed LED lamps in ceiling.
- Switches with dimmers in saloon and at chart table.
- Reading lights at each bed, in the saloon and at the chart table.
- LED courtesy lights at floorboards level.
- LED navigation lights.
- 2 x 60A battery chargers for 24 V system.
- 1 x 25A battery charger for 12 V batteries.
Plumbing / Fresh water
- 830 l (220 US Gal) total capacity approx., with electric gauges.
- Pressurized fresh water inlet.
- 75 l (20 US Gal.) water heater working via engine or via 230V (or 115V) circuit.
- 24V- 36 l/h pressure water pump with expansion tank.
- Automatic electric draining pumps in shower compartments.
- Hot and cold water cockpit shower.
- 2 x 80 l (2 x 21 US Gal.) holding tanks in head compartments.
- Electric deck wash seawater pump.
- Self-draining cockpit, fenders, gas and anchor lockers.
- Automatic / control panel start immerged electric bilge pump in sump at lowest point in hull.
•Double action manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Ventilated gas locker for 2 butane or propane containers.
- Solenoid safety valve.
- Stereo Radio/CD/DVD/MP3 Bose® sound system with USB inlet, bass subwoofer, (loudspeakers in saloon and in cockpit).